“Alex was one of a small band of writers who worked on the second series of John Bishop’s Britain on BBC 1 and he made a significant contribution to it being the highest rated stand up show of 2011 bringing in six million viewers a week. He can turn material around quickly and has the great skill of enhancing existing ideas to make a show better rather than just wishing to force his own material which makes him a great collaborator” John Bishop
“Alex started stand up the year before me at the same dodgy backrooms and pubs in Manchester. He has gone on to be one of the most assured confident stand ups on the circuit and regularly plays all the top comedy clubs here and abroad. I employed him as a writer when I was on 8 Out of 10 cats, he is quality.” Jason Manford
“A great comic and a skilled writer” Sarah Millican
Alex Boardman is now one of the most sought after acts in the country due to his ability to interact with any audience and to seemingly conjure something out of nothing. His free flowing style and natural charm breeze through in performances. His unique brand of “Flattery and abuse” is done with a lack of malice and a big sense of fun.
Before you ask, he is no relation to Stan Boardman.
- Warm-up act for “An Evening with Eric Cantona” The London Palladium (2017) and The Lowry Salford (2017) Five sold out shows in total.
- Warm-up act and writer of Paul Hollywood “Bake Off Tour” (2015) Approx. 40 dates in total at theatres in UK and Dublin.
- Various military gigs throughout the world.
- MC “New Comedians” third Sunday of every month at The Comedy Store Manchester.
- MC “Comedy For Kids” third Saturday afternoon of every month at The Comedy Store Manchester.
MC and closing act for The Comedy Store, The Glee, The Stand, The Komedia Brighton and Bath, The Frog and bucket and most other clubs in the UK.
- Brain Candy (BBC3) (Baby Cow)
- The Comedy Network (Avalon TV)
- The Daily Telegraph Open Mic Awards (Avalon TV)
- What Would your Kid Do? (ITV1)
- Bigheads (ITV1)
- Jason Manford’s Funny Old Week (ITV1)
- Mock The Week (BBC2)
- 8 out of 10 Cats (C4)
- John Bishop’s Britain (series two) (BBC1)
- Sport Relief (BBC1)
- Britain in Bed (BBC3)
- BAFTA nominated Lily Live ( ITV1)
- National Soap Awards (Live script) (ITV1)
- Soap Fever (Studio and VT script) (ITV2)
- Top Ten TV (Ch 4) (Chrysalis)
- The Eleven O Clock Show (Ch 4) (series two – four)
- A Question of Sport (BBC1)
- The Ralf Little show (BBC 3)
- The Last Laugh Show (ITV/ Paramount comedy)
- The Last Man In. (Radio4)
- The In Crowd, (Radio4)
- XS Manchester 106.1FM “Football Social.” (2016 – present)
- Galaxy 102 – (2005 – 2008) Breakfast show Presenter – nominated for rising star category Sony awards 2008 (Chrysalis)
- Alex devised/ lectured on both the Comedy Writing and Performance and Stand Up courses at The University of Salford between 2013 – 2018. He has also helped many performers (experienced and inexperienced) develop and co-write stand up comedy sets and one hour shows. Feel free to use the “Get in touch” section of the website for a quote.
“Very Funny, a rare mixture of wit and charm”
“Probably the quickest I’ve ever seen, certainly the funniest.”
The Big Issue
“Improvised witticisms from the acerbic Mancunian. A veteran of the Madchester phenomenon, his loved-up reminisces and tall tales can lead anywhere on any given night.”
“Call the cops, double, double funny”
Shaun Ryder (Happy Mondays and Daily Sport)
“You are very funny my friend.” Eric Cantona (The King)